torsdag 16 februari 2017

Tokyo Death Disco #7

As a huge Közi fan I obviously follow all of his projects, including Dalle. I know many just listen just because it's Közi but I genuinl think they're great! And was I suprised, they were fucking awesome live.
I saw Hollowgram, Ryo's band, two years ago and I wasn't very impressed so when I found out he'd be the new vocalist of Dalle I wasn't overjoyed. Honestly though I've been completely turned and I think he's doing a great job as Dalle's vocalist!
This was my first time seeing them live, since they became active when I had left Japan last time. Fortunately this was a two man live so each band got quite some playtime!
The gig was held at Vuenos in Shibuya, I've been there once before to see a Közi solo gig, and I have to say it's a really nice venue with a great cocktail menu! Anyway, my ticket number was B 18, I thought about getting a ticket from Dorothy, the onlineshop selling Dalle items but I wasn't sure about my address yet and I did not want a ticket to get lost in the mail! I was one of the last to get in, not that it mattered because people usually tend to show up for their favorite band and then leave, I still haven't figuered out how they do it though! It's almost never announced and yet people know exactly when they should show up... I saw the whole first act and thought it was worth it since I'd be able to get closer to stage, BUT NO! I don't know what it is with some people, and I have to say that I think I've only seen this specific behaviour when seeing Közi and I think it's very rude. His fans show up just before the gig starts and just walks past everyone or squeeze in to get the best spot. This time, a girl even stoped me from coming closer! I was just about to step forward when she sneaks up on the side and puts out her arm so that her friend could stand infront of me! I don't want to cause any trouble, especially when not in my native language but that's just fucking rude! I've been waiting for an hour to be stopped by another guest, when the tickets are numered, we don't have a specific spot at the venue, it's first comes first. I'm so sick of it...and I think it's really nasty of them.
Like last time at Vuenos, seeing Közi :P, I got myself drunk. Normally I never order any alcohol if I'm alone but like I said Venuos has a pretty nice cocktail menu so I thought I'd try "blue moon". I usually just order whatever has a nice name, so without knowing this drink only included alcohol :P I get drunk pretty quick so just from sipping this I began feeling all tired and relaxed and before I knew it I was swinging along to the music (thinking about it now I feel embarrassed but I doubt it looked weird at the time, it's just I normally don't do that alone XD) Before any band set foot on stage, a pleasant suprise was that Atsushi, bassist from Dalle, was the DJ! He had a pretty nice playlist including Soft Ballet's songs Believe in a blue world and Flow. The band before Dalle Justy Nasty, I had never heard of but they played sort of traditional rock and they seemed pretty old so I'm guessing they've been around for a while. After about one hour it was time for Dalle! They used projections in the background and they came in one by one on stage, Közi wore the same outfit I think as from the hide memorial gig, the long black shirt and his rocking horse shoes. Ryo looked amazing! He was so pale and wore all black, smoked eyes with a little glitter. The setlist included all the singles, I was especially looking forward to ICU since it's my favorite song by Dalle and I have to say, it was fucking amazing live! The single version doesn't really sound like you can hear any electric guitar, but at the live it really noticed and it added something extra to the song. When the band took tinytiny breaks to drink (and probably to wipe themselves off) shorter songs were played and at one of those breaks they acctually played the opening songs from the horror classic Rosemary's Baby (the opening in which Mia Farrow just sings lalala). I get a sort of horror vibe from Dalle, in a classic way and not funny like The Candy Spooky Theater, and I really enjoy that! The time flew by, they were awesome and before I knew it the gig was over. People tried to call for an encore without success though. Beforehand they had announced that everyone who'd show up would receive some gifts, as you can see in the photo it was a signed postcard and a sticker. I also obviously bought the single Metaphor but since I can't rip while in Japan I haven't got the chance to listen to it (it came with cathair, no kidding XD). I also got myself the last white t-shirt in size M! On the merch table I noticed they sold signed pictures from their album released in December, ambivalence to violenta. It said it was the booklet but when the woman showed me what was incldued it was loose papers (maybe that is the booklet?) I acctually still haven't bought the album, and that is also why I can't comment on which other songs they played.
Közi was as usual kind of in his own world, meaning he doesn't really look at the audience or respond when people call him (well he responded with his guitar once). I'm really happy he's staying active and I think his solo, Dalle and ZIZ are great so please go see them if you happen to be in town (or Hong Kong I guess).



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar