tisdag 13 juni 2017

Night Low Be 2017 at Club Zion, Nagoya

Where Schwarz Stein goes, I will follow. Sort of. (2 years ago I was about to go to Sapporo to attend their oneman and instore, but decided not to because it would cost too much)

So when they announced they'd do a coupling live with Közi in Nagoya again I couldn't stop myself from going. Being a fan of both Közi and Schwarz Stein I just had to see this, especially since I missed the last live they did together in 2015.


 So, right after a concert in Tokyo on Saturday night I went to Osaki station and got on my bus to Nagoya! Since I went just for the gig (I also did some sightseeing that I will post about in a seperate entry) I only stayed for one night and therefor decided to try a dorm for the first time in my life. When I arrived I passed by the bathroom/powder room, seeing that someone was applying some heavy make up. I didn't pay much attention to it, but then I went back to have a shower and realise that the make up this girl is applying is Hora's! I've always wanted to make his magic circle for a live but I know I wouldn't be able to pull it off (too much details!) and she'd done his make up so perfectly, I was so impressed. We talked a bit and since we were headed the same way we went together! Most of the time (basically always) I go to live gigs alone because I don't know anyone who likes the same bands as me so it was really nice and fun having someone to share the experience with for once. But talk about coincidence, I meet someone from Tokyo who's come to Nagoya just like to see Schwarz Stein and we're staying at the same dorm!

Anyway, I was kind of split about who'd start the evening and who'd end it. I acctually thought Schwarz Stein might be the opening and Közi the ending but it showed to be the opposit. So Közi started, and like the other times I've seen the E//+Z project he had projections being shown of different images, and he had his red suit on. I really like his hairstyling, instead of teasing it up it's combed down. I think with the red suit it makes him look sort of stylish salaryman á la visual kei.
Közi acctually didn't have his guitar for this live, just some sort of machine to change and do effects on his vocals (I'm not into music equipment so I have no idea what it was and how it works...). Like I've said before, Közi is really great live, I feel like he just goes up there and does his thing and it feels very natural and like he's enjoying it. Közi isn't just a very good musician but also very amusing to watch. For example, when the intro for Cacophony began playing he grabbed his bottle of tea to drink, and he just stood there with one arm in his side and the bottle in his other hand and the remix version of the song has a kind quiet opening and then all of a sudden the guitar will just break out sort of. And in that moment he quickly took a sip of his tea. It looked very amusing and everyone began laughing and I even think I could see a smile on Közi's face too. One interesting thing is that he make small changes to the songs live, so it doesn't really feel repetitve to watch E//+Z despite it just being one CD with songs, and you know what he'll be playing (I love the CD so I wouldn't mind just listening to the songs as they are but it's nice to see he puts some effort to change the setlist as much as he can while still using the same songs). He greeted everyone, Közi isn't much of a talker really (unless he's talking to the other members), so he kept quiet but it seemed like one of his members didn't know if he should start the next song or not so they quickly exchanged a look and Közi nodded but it got kind of awkwardly silent for a while so Közi just shouted out Nagoya again and then the song started. I don't have a setlist but I'm pretty sure he played all the songs off the remix album. I do however remember that the last song he played was ISM, and I couldn't help but to wonder if Hora would join him for it, but it didn't happen. Közi thanked everyone and left stage.


We in the crowd were left to listen to some Sopor Aeternus. I felt like the paus was kind of long, and then all of a sudden Testament began playing. I was so happy they opened with that, I love it and they didn't use that for their oneman in Tokyo. Everytime I hear Testament I just get this adrenalin rush, probably because I get so hyped knowing I'm at a Schwarz Stein live! Hora entered first as always, followed by Kaya. I don't take notes on the setlist because I just want to enjoy the gig, I do remember the songs though (in the wrong order), but as soon as a setlist is announced I'll put it on here!
Both Kaya and Hora wore their Sleeping Madness costumes, and of course they played their most recent release Fleeting Beauty, the live started off a bit slow, but then they did the classics and eventhough people always are a bit stiff to begin with they began loosen up during Perfect Garden and Release me. I was really hoping to hear Release me because it's awesome on CD and even more awesome live. During their onwman in Tokyo the sound was a but off, the bass was too loud but this time around you could acctually hear the melody as well. Hora and Kaya both gestured to people to raise their hands and dance to the music but people seem to stop when they stop their instructions which I find kind of funny...
I found it kind of funny that both Közi and Schwarz Stein mentioned that it was fun being back in Nagoya, because I recognized most of the people there. This means that either the people all came from Tokyo to see this gig, or these people come from other cities to Tokyo everytime to see them. I bet most came from Tokyo though, and if that's really the case....did they have to make a live in Nagoya making us travel across the country? :P During the MC Kaya and Hora talked quite a bit, and people shouted kawaii and Kaya said "I know", quoting Hora from the previous live, hehe. Kaya seemed to have some trouble pronouncing the title of the event, and then he mentioned, like always, that Schwarz Stein is a "my pace" project and for now they don't have any plans. Hora will however be a guest at Kaya's anniversary live later this month. The plan is for them to do some Rudolf Steiner and some Schwarz Stein songs (making me wonder what the difference will be concidering the Rudolf Steiner songs has all been released as Schwarz Stein, or Another Cell. Or will they acctually perform them as they sound on the demos?). 
Then came the biggest suprise. Kaya mentioned that in Tokyo they do the after events, and then they will say goodbye to everyone, but they've never had that in Nagoya so for this evening they decided to offer a 3shot cheki for 1000yen after the gig. I barely couldn't believe my ears, I've been so jealous of the people who attended their gig in the US who got to take a picture with them, and I was hoping they'd do some instore for Fleeting Beauty offering a 3shot cheki. I was so happy I did go to Nagoya for this gig after all. 
Like always they ended with all their heavier songs, Creeper, Syphilis and Disorder, Sleeping Beauty and Succubus. One thing I've noticed is that over the years the crowd has gotten more violent. The first gig I attended in 2012 everyone was sort of leaning towards the stage for these songs, this time one girl acctually fell to the ground (and I was about to fall too once). I noticed that the girls standing closest to the stage was basically lying with their upper body on the stage by now, and at one point Hora even gesticulated to everyone to back a bit. The club was also extremly hot. There must've been something wrong with the airconditioner because it was so warm I could see how Hora was dripping of sweat after just one song (and I felt it running down my back after just a short while). Kaya mentioned during their first MC that it was very warm, asking if everyone was ok. I was very happy we'd get to take pictures with them, but did it have to be the day I was sweating like there was no tomorrow? Like always, despite it being a bit aggressive, I really like the end bit of Schwarz Stein's lives because those songs are just awesome live and Hora and Kaya really gives it their all. Kaya as always went to kiss and lick people's hands (hehe).
They left stage but of course came out for an encore. I was kind of excited since I remember they did Succubus with Közi last time, I really wanted to hear that. Kaya mentioned that he thinks Közi is really cool at one point, hehe. Közi entered stage with his fellow support members (all with a drink in their hands of course) and then they talked a bit. Közi said he liked the hand movement Kaya does in Creeper, so they wanted to do that together. He also asked Hora what it is he says during Creeper, and then they decided it would be changed to "nairobi" (ナイロビ), a shorter version of Night Low Be (probably easier for Kaya to pronounce as well, hehe). So they started Creeper, just like it always sounds but when it was time for the chorus Hora changed "crave your wings" to "nairobi" and then Közi would get in with a "nairobi" right after like an echo. Both Kaya and Hora had a hard time keeping a straight face, Kaya began laughing and couldn't do the arm gesture and Hora had problems keeping up his death vocals. Közi however kept going without problems, and his support members did the arm gesture with us in the crowd. I felt a bit like Közi and his "gang" was a bit too amused (perhaps had one too many), and when they then did Succubus (changing "nightmare" to nairobi" of course) Közi went accross the stage to do something with one of the speakers (adjust volume maybe?) he acctually fell on his behind! No harm done though, he just got up again, I've just never seen him fall, I thought that was a Mana thing (fufufu). For those who follow Közi on Twitter might have noticed that Közi wrote that he lost his phone in Nagoya...(just saying...).

Közi said it was nice to do the Night Low Be, and that they'll do a Night Low Be 2018 (something for everyone in Japan to look forward to). Then they left stage and I sort of rushed out to get some air (it really was like a sauna in there) and to buy that 3shot cheki! I noticed the tickets didn't sell out, and also that most people only bought one, I got two (I don't want closed eyes again like with Hizaki...). I was waiting by the end of the stairs, outside of the actual stage area to be able to breath, when all of a sudden I see Kaya, followed by Hora coming down the stairs! I always feel so weird because I don't know what to say, so I said good evening, haha. I also hate taking these kinds of photos having all the people watching me so I waited until last. I also wanted to see how others did it who bought several tickets (like if you could request a pose etc). One thing I noticed which I haven't seen before was that one girl requested a cheki of Hora and Kaya together, without her. Then it was my turn and I got one regular and one pose, hehe (not posting my photos, I look to awkward). Then before Kaya and Hora left Hora said thanks and take care. I went out of the club feeling like I was on drugs or something. 
Schwarz Stein's gigs are always so intense it's crazy. And getting the chance to take a cheki with them was just overwhelming for my fangirl heart. The day after I had to look at the photos again, assuring myself it really happened, haha. It was totally worth traveling to see this. Schwarz Stein is always worth it.


2017.6.8 Set List
SE(testament)
1:Lilith
2:Release me
3:Perfect Garden
MC
4:Fleeting Beauty
5:方舟
6:Current
MC
7:Sleeping Madness
8:CREEPER
9:Syphilis and Disorder
10:Succubus

encore
11:CREEPER(“Night Low Be”ver)
12:Succubus“Night Low Be”ver)




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar